Monday, August 26, 2019

34 Weeks of Clean 2019! Week 33- Address Book and Deep Cleaning

After spending three weeks in the office area, we are almost done!  Hopefully last week you cleared out all of the junk on your computers.  I am pretty sure mine is lighter this week! ;) Today is for those of you that are actually blessed with a physical room for an office and have not cleaned them yet.  Go on, admit you still have some things to do!  If you are not one of those people, you can use this time to finish up your paperwork and filing systems!  ;)

We are also using this week to get our address books in order.  Yes, we ARE going there.

You know the drill, though this time you do not have to take everything out, so here we go-






First the deep cleaning of the office-


  •  Clear off all flat surfaces and dust and wax furniture.  Remember this is not your weekly cleaning- really hit the tough spots.

  •  Add back 1/2 of what you cleared off.  Yes, that IS a challenge! ;)

                   Remember: Is it needed, does it make you smile, would you buy it again?

  •  Clean off windows and blinds and ceiling fans, and wash any curtains.

  •  Wipe off baseboards and door frames- don't forget the light switches!

  •  Vacuum- moving furniture where needed!

Now on to the address book-


This may seem like a small project to some of you but for us, not so much!
We have moved over 16 times in the last 27 years.  Unfortunately, so have many of our friends.

I learned very quickly to not write in pen in our address book. What can I say, I am a slow learner! 

Now, I write in pencil.

Well, when I get around to actually writing in it.  My go to plan of action is just to stuff the address book with return address labels and emails with new addresses on them.  And no, not even under the right tab.

Hence this look-





Yep, I know it is not pretty!And in my defense, this is what it ends up looking like usually after each Christmas.

I need help- I hope you do too!

So this week your second assignment is to pull out those address books, clean them up, get rid of all the scraps of paper (oh, please tell me it is not just me!) and then put it neatly away!  I did buy a smaller, more portable version last year and I love it.  I also now travel with it in case I need a quick address.


This one is a pretty simple no-brainer, friends, so I do not have a step by step guide for you this week. You can do it, I am sure!

We are wrapping things up next week, so now is your chance to go back and complete a project or two you may have put off.  It is also your last week to  share any pictures you are particularly proud of!  Can't wait to see what you have done!

Blessings,


Week 4- Fridge, Freezer and Floors
Week 5- Recipes 
Week 6- The Stove and Loose Ends 
Week 7- The Dining Room 
Week 8- The Living Room 
Week 9- Books 
Week 10- Bathrooms  
Week 11- The Foyer
Week 12- The Family Room and DVDs 
Week 13- Pictures and Scrapbooks
Week 14- Arts, Crafts and Hobbies 
Week 15- The Master Bedroom  
Week 16- The Master Closet 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!