But seriously, I have become that woman.
- The one who sits in her kitchen and watches the birds at the feeders. And tries to get the family to look too.
- The one that has to search out the long forgotten bird books so she can see what is new at her feeder.
- Who buys bird seed in large quantities so it won't run out because she wouldn't want the birds to find a new place to hang out.
- Who is already planning on the location for the next feeder she wants to buy.
- The one that won't let the dogs go outside to potty because they might scare the birds away. Just saying.
You know, that lady!
And yes, I have since called my mom and apologized for teasing her about her bird obsession.
And to tell her I had 6 female cardinals at my feeder at once, of course.
I have also told my neighbor that I am sorry I have stolen some of his birds. But I am not, really.
Because they are so cute. And so fascinating. And quite frankly, stealers of my time these days.
What better way to enjoy God's creation though, than to take a few moments, maybe more, just to take a breather from the chaotic world we live in and watch the birds outside our windows!
What a privilege to know that God cares for us even more.
So if you have a moment today- stop and watch the birds. Then send them my way! ;)