Friday, March 11, 2016

5 on Friday

What a week it has been, as evidenced by my lack of a post on Wednesday.  What's been going on?  Oh, you know, the normal craziness of life.

1- I normally try to post on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays.  It is something I got into a habit of when I first started this little blog, and I have tried hard to maintain that pace with very few exceptions.  Until these past few weeks, that is.  And for some reason life seems to be getting the best of me.  And when life happens, and you bemoan the fact, your sneaky daughter gets on your blog and takes matters into her own hands.  I have since changed the password, but that explains the sweet post she slipped past me on Wednesday!

2.  This gorgeous lady, my first born and yes I am a biased mom, turned 22 yesterday.  I remember the first time I laid eyes on her.  She captured my heart.  Still does.  Such a gentle spirit, an encourager, loves her family and friends with zeal, chases after God with determination.  A seamstress by trade and a homebody by heart, you will usually find her brainstorming new projects at a sewing machine or teaching young people.


3.  Riley, our second daughter, graduated from high school this past week.  She worked hard to complete 32 hours worth of classes, many of which will transfer to college and so she is taking a few weeks off to relax. Then she will get a part time job.  Says dad. ;)


4.  My sweet grandmother turned 90 this week as well!  I adore her!  When I was little she lived with my mom and me for a year.  I remember when people would tell her what a cute daughter she had and she would say thank you and wink at me.  She would take me with her when she went to clean apartments and I remember singing Delta Dawn at the top of our lungs together.  Eventually she moved on, but I then attended college in the town she lived and once again we were buddies.  She would fixed me roast beef and mashed potatoes for Sunday dinner and wash my clothes.  Such sweet memories.  I think she should move to Omaha!  Hint hint!


5.  Hmmm, let's see, what else?  Still sick here, which is part of my excuse for my random blogging. (Well, that and this handsome guy has been home during the days and he is a distraction.)  I was finally put on an antibiotic so hopefully I will be on the mend soon!  And back to some more productive blog posts.  Or not.  We will see!


I pray this finds you well.  Have a blessed week, my friends!

Blessings,

4 comments:

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!