Friday, March 18, 2016

5 on Friday

Is it warm where you are?  It has been unseasonably warm, so I am told, here in Nebraska.  Several days we have been able to sit outside and enjoy the sun and I even have had the itch to trade out clothes for spring things.  Ahhh, I could get used to this.

1. I got to go shopping with Riley this week for a formal dress.  Yes, she's going to a homeschool dance with a really good friend of hers.  And no, can't share a picture of the dress yet because she would kill me! ;)  But it was oh so fun to shop.


2.  My mom comes to visit in a few weeks. This is the first time we have moved without her help in a long time.  I miss her and can't wait to show her our life here!



3.  Ashton got another job!  Yes, she is holding down like 4-5 part time jobs.  This week she started working at David's Bridal in their alterations department as well.  Plus, she picked up three more quilt orders.  The girl is busy!  I also got to surprise her by inviting two of her sweet friends from SD down to surprise her for her 22nd birthday!  The look on her face was priceless and we LOVED having them here.  I love seeing her so happy these days!



Funny story.  Ashton NEVER wears black.  Never!  And now she has to for her job!  Well, I think it is funny.  She does not!

4.  My sweet hubby was gone this week and while no, it was not a year this time, I still missed him.  Yay for SHORT business trips.

5.  Life in Omaha is good.  Church is good.  Friends are good.  Shopping is good. (just saying)  Kids are good.  It is all good!  I am overwhelmed by God's goodness.  And while our joy in life should ultimately come from God and God alone, I do think He allows us to enjoy the things in life He blesses us WITH as well.

I pray you find the blessings this week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!