Wednesday, July 31, 2013

You Are Never Too Young to Help

Being a helper is not necessarily a natural born talent.  In our family, we believe that it takes time and training to encourage children to be helpers.  They all want to please, they just don't all want to help.

The answer for us- chores, starting at a pretty young age.  Not to get money.  Not to be a punishment.
  But simply because you are a part of the team and you are expected to learn to help others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chestnut Grove Academy
Today I am guest blogging for Jen over at Chestnut Grove Academy.  I would love for you to pop over to read the rest of the story!






Tots and Me

2 comments:

  1. I learned that children can do a lot more than we give them credit for, at a younger age than so many people think, when I was working at the Montessori. With my own children I started calling chores, helpful jobs, so they didn't get a bad connotation and they could understand they are a part of a family and need to help.
    Thank you for stopping by and sharing with Throwback Thursday Blog-Style. I am going to have to stop by Jen's blog to read the rest of the post.
    Hope to see you back again this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!