Monday, December 29, 2014

Introducing 34 Weeks of Clean!

I know I am crazy but cleaning and organizing is a thing of mine.  I love it.  Well, I love the organizing more than the cleaning, but I do love it none the less.  Call me crazy, but opening a drawer or cabinet and seeing everything in it's place makes me happy.  Being able to welcome unexpected guests into my home knowing it is clean and tidy makes me happy.

But let's face it, the holiday months are a sure fire way to get behind in all things clean and organized. Ask me how I know.  Throw in the unexpected, like a husbands deployment and well, things can get a little out of control.

It is time to take back the house!

And you are invited to join me.  Not here, of course, though that IS an option, but at your house too. I am hopeful I am not the only one that needs a plan and some moral support.


So on that note, here's the plan!  Each Friday I will post our assignment, from bathrooms and drawers to offices and pictures with some helpful hints and ideas to get you started.  We will have one week to work on that particular area and then the following Friday I will have a new assignment AND a link up for you to share your successes.  And failures.  But hopefully more successes!  You can share a picture you posted or a whole blog post on how you wished you had never joined me on this adventure.  ;)  You are welcome to participate in one, 10, or all!  But I hope you will stick around for the 34 weeks!

I would love for you to share the series with a friend or two, as well as put the button on your blog! Then make sure you encourage others who participate by visiting their blogs and leaving an encouraging word or two (or showing up at my their house to help!).

Family, Faith, and Fridays


Why 34 weeks?  Well, I want this to be successful and fun, not a burden.  I want it to be doable! Let's work hard for 8 1/2 months and then reward ourselves by taking time off for the holidays to spend with our family and friends- in our new and hopefully improved spaces.  It sounds like a long time, I know, but with just one task a week, I know we can do this!

Are you ready?  See 'ya back on Friday, January 2nd for your first assignment, some ideas to help you along, and some pictures of my successes- AND failures.  I will be one week ahead of you to cheer you on!

Blessings,

 
Week 1- Holiday Decorations

My Joy-Filled Life

Photobucket

I Choose Joy!

21 comments:

  1. I'm excited about this! I love having an organized house but you can't tell that right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are joining us Miranda! Hope to see some pictures!

      Delete
  2. What a GREAT idea! I am excited about this, and will endeavor to meet the challenge! I also LOVE to organize and clean things! I've had lots of experience with my kids dorm rooms, college houses/apartments etc; As old as they are now, they know that when I come for a visit, I will be cleaning and organizing them, wether they want it or not! LOL!! I might need therapy, I'm not sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Mandy, you are ALWAYS welcome to come help me organize!!

      Delete
  3. Excited to have an organized home in 2015, can't wait to join you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to start this.. My house is always "lived in" looking. This might just be what I need :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are joining us, Brenda! Lived in is ok, as long as it is a peaceful lived in!

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited about this! Can't wait to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to join in and see everyone's progress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am excited to see everyone's progress as well, Jenni! Welcome!

      Delete
  8. So excited to be joining you on this adventure. One task a week is definitely do-able and should keep the house from falling into chaos again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Carol, I hope the one week per task will allow everyone some grace time- we all lead busy lives, right?!

      Delete
  9. just found you and this is just what I need! Im in! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Wendy! We are blown away by the response to this series. I pray it will be a blessing to you as well!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!