Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A New Word for 2015!

It is a blogging tradition these days to choose a word for your year.  Last year mine was GRACE.  I am convinced the world needs more of it, and I certainly knew our family could use some and give some as well.   It is my prayer that we lived up to that challenge!

So this year, I did not have to think but a minute to come up with my word for 2015-




Do you have it?
Do you need it?

Not happiness, because anyone can be happy, but true JOY.

Here is how the world defines joy-"the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good or satisfying; keen pleasure; elation"

That would seem to me to be the definition of happiness.  There are a lot of things that can make me happy.  A  new book, lunch with a friend, chocolate, a clean room.  But all of those things are earthly and fleeting.

Here is what the Bible says about joy-
But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people." Luke 2:10

The news?  That the Savior was coming!  To Earth!  For them!  Can you imagine what they must have felt?

I am betting JOY! (No fleeting emotions there!)

You see, friends, that kind of JOY only comes from the Lord.

And I have been in short supply of it lately, honestly.  Not because He hasn't offered it, but because I have been so consumed with my own stinky circumstances that I have not allowed Him to give it to me.

I want that to change.
I need for that to change!

So, this year- JOY it is!

It may have to be a minute to minute decision for me some days, but it is one I pray I will choose.

How about you?

Blessings,



 And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

Nehemiah 8:10b

Check out other's word choices!

Schoolhouse Review Crew

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Michele. I love how you recognize that some days you will have to be proactive about choosing to have joy. But I also know that the Lord will give it to you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that it took you but a minute to recognize your word for the year. Obviously, you are well on your way to living JOY throughout 2015. May it be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful word.. and I know what you mean about being to preoccupied with our own circumstances to actually feel the Joy our Savior offers so freely. I think I need to work on this one myself .

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such an encourager, Michele! I pray you find such JOY this year and that God would continue to use you to shine His light, despite the many challenges you face. Blessings to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The joy of the Lord is my strength!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele, Joy was my one word for 2014, and I have to say I had more joy last year than I had the previous few years. Not happiness because of circumstances, like you said, but that inner joy that comes from the Lord. I pray you have it abundance this year, and that 2015 is your most joyful year yet. Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joy is a great word for the year! You are so right - there is a difference between being happy and having true joy. I pray you have a blessed and joyful 2015!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!