Monday, December 15, 2014

A Weekend of Celebration

My second daughter turned 17 on Sunday.  Before we had her we were very serious parents.  Then God gave us our Riley, and life has not been the same.  She makes us laugh constantly.  Put her with her sister and they can entertain you for hours.  She wakes up a Disney Princess and goes to bed a Disney Princess. (Which is why she is wearing a Santa hat with a tiara!)  She will quote entire scenes of movies, sing whole musicals and crack you up with her one liners.  I love this girl!  I know the Lord has amazing things in store for her...if I ever let her leave me. ;)





We also celebrated my oldest this weekend, who finished her last college class on Friday night at 11:15.  I know what time it was because I stayed up and watched her write her last paper - on sin! (She is a Bible major)  She duel credited her senior year of high school, attended college for 1 1/2 years and the came home to live and finish her last two semesters online.  She is an accomplished seamstress and is working to build her business.  My heart swells with pride when I think about all she has accomplished, but more than that, I stand at awe at the work the Lord has done in her life.



And then there is this guy.  The littles call him plus one. They are nice like that.  Morgan was baptized at our church this weekend.  It thrilled our hearts to be able to witness such a special occasion and to have his family there as well.




And then there is my mom.  She arrived on Tuesday and is staying until January.  I am ever thankful that through the years she has been willing to travel many miles to be with us and help where needed.  Sometimes, just an extra pair of hands is a bigger blessing than you can imagine.

(You were right mom, no picture.  Sorry!)

With our house feeling a bit empty these days, it is nice to have people we love join us to celebrate.


So much to celebrate and be thankful for!

Feeling blessed,

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful family and I am glad you are surrounded by them this holiday season!! Your Riley sounds a lot like my second daughter!! She did leave me, moving almost 4 hrs away. She's the one that married the guy that recently signed up for the Air Force we spoke about on the forum last season. It's so hard to let them go; I hope you have much longer before your girls leave the nest. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!