Monday, October 6, 2014

X is for X-tra X-tra, read ALL about it!- Deployment Time!

Yep, there is big news in our family, but it is not the news I wanted to have to share.  Actually, it is not the news I wanted at all.  But no one asked my opinion.  Imagine that! ;)

On Tuesday of last week the military "invited" CP to a 365 day deployment.  Or retire by February.  Because of the timing of the news, the reality was he had about 48 hours to decide and his actual retirement would have only been weeks away, not months.  For reasons too numerous to list, he is accepting the assignment.  Because of additional training needed, he leaves at the end of the month.  (yeah, so much for 365)  Just for the record, it is a "great" job for him and a huge honor.  Please know that I am not trying to diminish that at all.  He signed on the dotted line 22 years ago and is proud to serve his country.  But choosing between your country and your family is a choice that no person should or wants to have to make.

I have struggled with whether to share this or not with my readers, but in the end it came down to this- I said a while back what you see is what you get on this blog and it would be pretty hard for me to keep that kind of secret for a year.  It would not be fair to me.  And I am not sure it would be fair to you.  Many of you have become very special friends to me and now I am reaching out to ask you for prayers for our family.  

We are going to need them.

  • I have to figure out how to parent two boys alone for a while.  One of which has already suffered great loss in his life and one who is getting ready to turn 13.
  • I have to figure out how to fill in for dad to a 16 year old that thinks he hung the moon.
  • I have to figure out how to mentor a 20 year old alone through some pretty big things in her life.
  • And on and on and on.

Which leads me to this-

  • All of this may have taken us by surprise, but it did not take God by surprise.
  • God is still in control, even when I feel like my world is spinning out of control.
  • I am not alone.  There are military wives and single parents all over this world facing the same challenges.  They are not unique to me.
  • I am blessed by friends and family that love us, and in a community that we adore.
  • We are clinging to God's promises.
  • We WILL get through this because of those promises!


I do not like it and I do not understand it, but I choose to trust God.


Does that mean every day will be easy?  No.
Does that mean there will be no tears?  No, not with 3 females in the house!
Does that mean there will be no whining?  Definitely no. ;)

But it does mean that we will move forward and do our best.

My husband asked us to do what would best glorify God in this situation.  I am not sure how it will look, quite honestly, but we are determined to try.

I saw this posted this week- (emphasis mine)

Look how Psalm 29 concludes – “May the Lord give strength to his people! May the Lord bless his people with peace!” God’s glory and power is not meant to scare us away. In fact, it’s meant to draw us near, strengthen our spirit, and calm our soul.
You see, the same God who has the power to control the storm is the same God who resides in your soul. When David wrote this Psalm, the Lord lived in the temple (v. 9), but today, our bodies are the temple in which the presence of God dwells (1 Corinthians 6:19).
In addition, if God has the ability to control the most powerful elements of nature, does he not have the ability to control the elements of your everyday life? The next time you experience a storm, let it remind you of the glory and power of God, and let it give strength and peace to your soul. (Paul David Tripp)

I love that!  That is my prayer.  It is going on my fridge, along with anything else that will encourage us through this year.  

These lyrics keep going through my head- (and yes, they are going on the fridge too!)

All that is within me cries
to you alone be glorified
Emmanuel- God with us.

My heart will sing a brand new song
The debt is paid, these chains are gone
Emmanuel- God with us

Such a tiny offering
compared to Calvary
Nevertheless We lay this at your feet!

-Mercy Me


God IS with us!
And you as well!

May He get the glory!
Blessings,



My Joy-Filled Life

Photobucket
I Choose Joy!

19 comments:

  1. Oh Friend. Your post made me tear up. I am so sorry this is in your future, but I am definitely praying along with you for God to be greatly glorified as he strengthens and sustains your family through this upcoming season. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW you understand and I admire you for how you beautifully walked through the same thing! Love you, friend!

      Delete
  2. Praying alongside you for this upcoming year. May God grant you all peace, strength for today, and the ability to glorify God through it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. My heart is full with the knowledge that people everywhere are praying!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing and your honesty about this. I will be praying for each member of your family. May God be glorified.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beth! Honest we will be- though it may not always be pretty! ;) Be forewarned! haha

      Delete
  4. We will be praying for you all! As we head down the same path as you early next year I covet your prayers too. God has your back and he will lead you through this season. {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jacquelin, I am so sorry to hear that and you can be sure I will be praying for you as well. Maybe we should all move in together! ;)

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful, loving post that shows such great respect and obedience to God and to your husband. I love that you show Godly submission and understanding, while sharing the human side to your emotions. Your family will join my constant prayers as you prepare to send your husband to his duty and your family for living your daily lives. May God shower your entire family with blessings, strength, peace, and joy amidst the daily trials. - Lori H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lori for understanding there are two sides of me- the one that desperately wants to obey God and support my husband and the one that just wants to keep her family together and safe. Oh, the emotions! Your prayers are appreciated mor ethn you can ever know!

      Delete
  6. Praying for you, your husband, and your family during the days ahead as God With Us becomes even more real for each of you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crying with you, Michele - and you know I'm already praying. Yes, absolutely we pray that God will receive the glory but that doesn't always make it easy. Thank you for the specific requests and we'll continue to boldly bring you before the throne of grace that you may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need (aka deployment . . . ) Heb. 4:16

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear friend we are adding your family to our prayers! I admire the honesty of your blog and pray that in the next year God will give an abundance of grace and a peace that passes all understanding. I am glad that God brought our paths together. We are praying for your husband too. I know this is a difficult task for him as well. Hugs to your family from ours

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm praying for you and your family. For your husband's safety and for your strength. This topic has actually been on my heart the last couple of weeks. God knows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michele... you will be kept in our prayers. Hard to be a military wife at times I think. God will grant you the strength you need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Michelle----

    Absolutely beautiful post from the midst of all you must be thinking, feeling and praying.

    We'll be praying along with you!

    Hugs,
    Melanie (Wren)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My only experience with this was when my husband had gone to his new job 300 miles away and I was still in our old home trying to sell it. It only lasted 6 months and I only had 1 kid so I've only got a small inklings of what military families go through. We'll be praying for his safety and all your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your family's service and sacrifice. Praying for God's grace through this next year for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. May the days go quickly, and may God give you the strength to be what you need to be to your family, as well as the wisdom to know what things you can let go of. My boy is waiting to hear if he's headed back to the middle east now or gets to stay here until January.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!