Friday, October 31, 2014

Thankful despite sickness! 52 Weeks of Family Scripture Memorization

I am typing this post from bed Thursday night.  It is here I have been since Monday night, sick.  Achy body, cough and high temp.  Quick fact- did you know that when an adult's temp is 102.6 (at least this adult) you think you might die.  And then once it breaks, you feel magical.  Unfortunately, I am stuck in that cycle for now.  By the time your eyes see this post I pray I am done.  

Oh and for the record...I  thought this was just a virus.  Now I think maybe the flu, which I have never had before.  If this is the flu, or even just an inkling of what the flu feels like- line me up for the shot and then some.  Seriously, people, I am willing to take my chances!!  The past three and a half days have made my hysterectomy look like a cake walk, I kid you not!

Anyway, I digress...


In an effort to not lay here in misery feeling sorry for myself (yes, misery) I have spent a lot of time in prayer.  A lot.  And one of the things I have tried to do over and over and over again was remind myself of the many things I have to be thankful for.  So many gifts from God.

  • Like children who are self sufficient and able to run a household while their mom is down for the count.
  • For friends who a week prior had already scheduled to bring a meal this week.  Could that timing be any more perfect?
  • For a friend who showed up at our door with supplements, raw honey, soup, tea, and juice.  That may be the only reason I am able to actually type right now!
  • For a husband who despite being extremely busy still calls to check on me.
  • For generally good health.  I am counting this as my one time a year to be sick, just in case you want to know! ;)
  • For a warm house and cool baths.
  • For the countless messages from friends the past few days to remind us we are not alone.

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.  In the middle of our trials, sicknesses and stresses- God is still good and He always loves us.  Forever.  

I am so thankful for that reminder tonight.  How about you?  What are you and your children thanking the Lord for today?  Make a list and hang it in your home...you may the reminder sometime down the road.  Ask me how I know! ;)

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!