Friday, August 29, 2014

Do you have hope? 52 Weeks of family scripture memorization

God's ways are perfect and so is His timing.  Every. Single. Time!

Part of this week's verse is actually a continuation from a few weeks ago.  I thought we needed to finish the thought so here it is...


This week two words really stood out to me about this verse- TRUTH and HOPE.

First of all truth.  In a world of lies, deceit and sinful people it is often hard for us to trust the people around us.  Sad, but true.  Even if they are not specifically trying to be dishonest, our sinful nature gets in the way.  My prayer this week is that I will learn to trust people more, but more importantly to trust God.  He is never deceitful.  I just need to listen.

And then there is hope.  Do you have any?  I needed some this week and a little bit shone through and it washed over me like a refreshing rain.  Reminding me that God IS hope and that again, if I keep my eyes on Him and not the confusion and madness of the world, He will supply.  Just the right amount at just the right time.

Why would I doubt?  I certainly do not want my children to doubt.  I want to teach them that God is our hope and we need nothing else.  Let's share this verse and watch our lives be changed!

Blessings,




Missional Call

Essential Fridays Linkup

I Choose Joy!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I'm so glad I linked up next to you at Missional Call. Hope is probably my favorite word in the world. You are right - the key is keeping our eyes on Him and off of our circumstances. Thank you for that reminder today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was linked to you at Essential Fridays, too. You came after me. This verse lifts my heart and stabilizes me when my world is tilting--like right now!
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!