Friday, February 15, 2013

Fun Fridays- Muffin Madness

Most of us in this house like blueberries.   A lot!  So this is another one of those recipes that gets used often.  It is quick and easy...seeing a trend here?  We have tried many different ones in the past and this is by far our favorite.   For the ones that do not like the blueberries, I make a few plain and they love them still.  Must be that sprinkle of sugar on the top!

Enjoy!

 

Blueberry Muffins
2 cup flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups blueberries

Preheat oven to 400.  Grease muffin pan.
In small bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
In separate bowl stir milk, butter, egg and vanilla until blended.

Make well in dry ingredients and add milk mixture until just combined.  Add blueberries, mixing gently.  Spoon into muffin tins and sprinkle with sugar.

Bake 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy!

OK, here's the truth- I throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix.  Always have, and they taste yummy.  Maybe that makes me a less than perfect cook.  But it also makes me smart-  1 bowl less to clean!  ;)


See you back next Friday for our last muffin recipe!

5 comments:

  1. I love blueberry muffins. And I will confess that while I do use a separate bowl to mix dry ingredients and wet ones, I then pour the dry into the wet, give the dry ingredient bowl a quick swipe with a clean towel to get the loose flour off, and put it back in the cabinet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, that is a great way to do it! Love your blog, you have some amazing bread recipes on there! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've hardly ever understood the reason for separating the dry and wet ingredients! These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blueberry muffins. We'll have to try your recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!