Friday, February 8, 2013

Fun Friday- Muffin Madness

Here we go!  Another one of our favorites and simple to make.  This recipe only makes a dozen so you might want to double up if you are sharing.  The recipe came from A Taste of Home magazine that came out YEARS ago.  My 15 year old requests these all the time!

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

2 cups biscuit/baking mix (we make our own!)
1 pkg. instant lemon pudding mix
1/4 cup of poppy seeds (that seems like A LOT to me.  We only use about 3 TBSP)
1/4 cup grated lemon peel
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil




Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.  Mix up wet ingredients and add to dry ingredients, mixing until just moist.  Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.

Icing
Combine 3/4 cup of powdered sugar with 1-2 TBSP lemon juice.  Drizzle icing over muffins.

Enjoy!
 
Here's my quick tip for the day: after filling muffin tins for years with various utensils, I found that my 1/4 cup measuring cup is the perfect way to fill them up without a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!