Friday, August 31, 2012

Crocking Fun Fridays

Happy Fun Friday!  Starting today and going through the month of September I am going to try something new!

Welcome to Crocking Fun Friday!
 
 
I love using a slow cooker, especially in the fall and winter, when the yummy smells just fill the air and speak comfort to me.  Now that we have returned to the south for a season, I have also realized it is a great way to cook and avoid heating up your house any more than it already is in the summer as well!  For some, it is just a fun way to cook, for others with a busy schedule it is a life saver.

This week's recipe comes from a newer site that I love  http://crockingirls.com/.  If you have not checked out this website, I encourage you to do so.  It is a wealth of information, and those two Texas girls will just make you smile!  Here is the link to their new cookbook which you can order for $32.95.   My sweet family blessed me with their new cookbook for Mother's Day and I have loved every recipe we have tried.  Here's one of our favorites!

Zesty Shredded Chicken Barbecue

6 boneless, chicken breasts, frozen
1 12 ounce bottle of barbecue sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-2 onions, sliced
rolls

Place chicken in slow cooker.  Mix remaining ingredients and pour over top.  Slice onion and lay on top.  Cover and cook on low for approximately 4 hours.  Remove chicken and shred, returning to cooker for 1-2 more hours.  Serve on toasted rolls, or as a great topping to baked potatoes!

Enjoy!

Next week, I am going to try to figure out Linky so you can link up and add your favorite slow cooker recipe so start thinking!  Sharing is always almost as fun as eating!

Have a blessed weekend!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!