Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year Friends!

Pinned Image

Happy New Year to my dear followers!  Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog this past year.  What started only as a way to be able to review homeschool materials has turned into a fun outlet for me to share some random thoughts and have a little fun.  We are now read in over 60 countries and I have reconnected with old friends and made many new ones!  Not to mention, I love reviewing products and being able to guide newer homeschoolers along a path I have traveled for 13 years.

While I do not tend to "do" resolutions, my family did discuss things we did that worked for us and we wanted to continue as well as things that we would like to do better.


Some of the things we were happy with - Dinner as a family 7 days a week (well, minus college girl) and nightly devotions.  We began nightly devotions a few years ago and can I just tell you it has blessed our family immensely.  We read the Bible and pray together, discuss the day or even sing a song or two. It is a precious time that allows us to wind down from our day, spend time in God's word, and bond as a family.  Some nights it may only be 10 minutes, some nights 30, but quantity is not the goal- QUALITY is!  I would challenge you to do devotions with your family- you will not regret the time spent together.

Things we would like to do better - Wow, where do I start?  ;)  A sampling of answers given is opening our house more often to others, using kind words, getting in better shape, complaining less, and being more patient.

One of the other things we discussed was one or two things each person in the family would like to do in 2013.  While I will not share these now, I would also encourage you to have goals both as a family and as individuals. 

But through it all remember - "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." -Proverbs 16:9

I pray your 2012 has been a blessed year and that 2013 will be even better!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!