Friday, June 1, 2012

Crock pot candy and a winner!

Is it really Friday already? This week has flown by, guys!  Week two of my recovery is over- not the new woman that I had hoped for-yet- but headed in the right direction. And I actually drove the car yesterday, the first time in over two weeks. Oh, did it feel good to get out, if only for a few minutes and with my 18 year old as a chaperon, "in case".   So things are looking up!

Have I told you that I really love my crock pot?  Can't recommend it enough for so many reasons. In honor of one of my top five favorite kitchen appliances, here's a fun recipe for your Crock Pot.  I haven't tried it since my outings have been nil lately, but my next trip to the grocery store will be to get the ingredients. (yep, don't tell my once a month shopping buddies;)). It sounds yummy and we thank our new friends in Washington for sharing it with us!


Crock Pot Candy

1 16oz. dry, roasted , unsalted peanuts
1 16oz. dry roasted, salted peanuts
1 12oz. package semi sweet chocolate chips
1 bar (4oz) sweetened German chocolate, broken into pieces
3 lbs. (2 24oz. pkgs) white almond bark, broken into pieces.

Put ingredients into 4 or 5qt. crock pot in exact order and cook on lowest setting for 3 hours. DO NOT REMOVE LID!
Turn off and allow to cool slightly.  Mixture will not be melted but will be soft.
Mix thoroughly and drop by teaspoon onto wax paper.  Let cool.
Makes approximately 150-170 pieces.
Notes- Every crock pot cooks differently.  Keep an eye on this as to not burn it. 
            Altering ingredients may alter the quality of the finished product.

If we sneak this in tonight I will for sure post pictures for you!
************************************************************************

Next important order of business...the winner for our first giveaway-the Child Training Bible Kit. The winner is-
LINDA B
Congratulations Linda! I will be emailing you about shipping. 

A huge thanks to all who entered and to all of our new followers. I wish I could bless you each with a set. Really, I do! I encourage you to order one for yourself and one for a friend...you will not regret it. There is no better word to share with your kids than God's Word!

Coming up this month-
Four new reviews,
Garden update,
Guest blog from my daughter, (did you know her post on modesty has been viewed by over 600 people? Puts me in my place! Haha
Recipes,
And many more ramblings!

Looking forward to spending June with you dear friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Michele, I'm so super excited!!! Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look like a great idea for neighborhood treats! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!