Friday, June 8, 2012

Sweet or Salty?

When you crave food, what kind is it?  Sweet?  Salty?  Both?!

We love salt in this house!  (OK, we like chocolate too, just not quite as much.)  Granted, it may not be great for your health, but there is just something about salt!  There was a time when I kept Lipton Onion Soup Mix in business!  'Ya know, add it to sour cream and munch away!  It was a staple item in our house.  There never seemed to be enough though when I was craving chips and dip, which is pretty much every Family Night.

I was very happy when I found this recipe for homemade Onion Soup Mix!  Erin, over at 5 Dollar Dinners, always has great recipes!  Trust me!  It does taste slightly different from the old standby but once you have it a time or two you'll be hooked.  We triple or more the recipe, store it in a little jar and pull it out often.  The Walgreens here has there spices on sale frequently and we pickup cheap jars of minced onion to have on hand!  Saves money too!

Grab some chips and enjoy!

Homemade Onion Soup Mix

Yield- One packet worth

Ingredients-
 4 tsp. beef bouillon granules (we use cubes usually and grind them up)
 3 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
 2 tsp. onion powder
 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
 1/4 tsp. pepper

Sir ingredients together.  Store in airtight container.  When ready to serve, mix with sour cream!  (Or use in soup, with a roast, whatever you would normally use it for)


Got chips?

So what are you  watching for Family Movie night at your house?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm going to have to try this recipe =0)
    I was hopping on over to let you know I recv. my CTB. Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got it, sorry it was delayed!!! You are welcome!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!