Monday, January 21, 2013

Quilts and Ladders



Nope- this is not a new game or a new obsession.  My love for fabric somehow led to the love of quilts.  Or was it the other way around?  Either way, I like both and I own a lot of both.  Some of our quilts are store bought, some are homemade by me or others, but there are some in about every room in the house! (with 3 quilts in the process.  Yes, at one time.)

And then one day I saw something like this...

Quilts belonging to this bride's family were hung on a ladder and set atop hay bails surrounding the dance floor
http://www.pinterest.com/pin/86764730293433315/

Oh, my heart be still.  I. LOVE. THIS!
So, I put a bug in my father-in-law's ear since his passion is antiques and low and behold- look what I got for Christmas!

It is so tall we are going to cut it down and it needs some cleaning up and maybe a stain or paint (black maybe?), but I have plans! ;)
See all of these...


 They will have a new home soon.  Instead of in places and piles all over the house.
Can't wait to share the finished project with you.  February, maybe!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you!
    A ladder for my quilts and blankets is also on my wish list. Just havn't found the right one yet.
    Yours looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!! I hate leaving blankets down...the dog assumes they are for her and they get all dog-hairy. Yuck. Love this idea. I'm doing to be looking for a ladder now too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that idea! I may have to use it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you do have a lot of quilts...lol I don't have any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots I made Kelly. Plus some are just tops that were handed down and some are lucky finds at antique sales. It's an obsession. Still trying to get them on the ladder! We use a lot of them on a daliy basis, the kids love snuggling in them!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!