Friday, February 21, 2020

One and Done

We have been here in our new house for one week.  In some ways it feels like a lifetime and others, it seems like we just got here.  So much new to adjust to.

New stores.
New church.
New friends.
New schedule.
New views.



OK, so the new views are maybe the easiest thing to adjust to!  I find myself glancing out one of the many windows constantly.  It is a nice distraction for sure.

Anyway...

We are settled in! This move has been an absolute whirlwind.  Hard to believe that last Friday all of our earthly possessions were being delivered to this house and today, I am cooking breakfast and getting ready to do school with our youngest.  And the house is done! 

Before you get too excited, yes, there are still some boxes in the garage and in a spare room.  Those boxes contain all of our library stuff (books, Clarke's military things, etc) as well as school supplies and books that will not get opened until our final destination.  Don't worry, I am using that word lightly.  You don't have to tell me twice that the word FOREVER means nothing this side of heaven! ;)  But regardless, I do not see a need to unpack everything into a place we will not be in long. Relatively speaking.  The plan is to make an offer on land next week and start building a house.  That is the plan.  We will see.

Want a quick tour?  That is why you are here, right?

Thankfully, dear friends came up last week for the night and helped unpack so much!  We could not have done it without them!  Then my girls came up and rearranged three of the spaces and decorated!  It was such a HUGE blessing.  I hung a few more pictures yesterday and we are done!  It takes a village, ya'll!




Entry-



Living room-




Eat in Kitchen-


Yes, there in a table in this space too, flanked by these two areas and some of our best views!


Dining room-



Sweet sunny spot for my plants!


Downstairs den-




Master bedroom-

 



Guest room #1-




Guest room #2-




Deck and views-




The boys' rooms are done, but they don't love me sharing, so I will respect that- for now! ;)

So that is it, give or take!  We are blessed by this rental and the space it has.  While it isn't ours, it does feel like home for now. 

Now, who is ready for a visit?

Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. I’m ready! I spotted my room in these pictures! 😏

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!