Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Not Good At It!



So here's the thing- Good at it versus used to it.  There is a difference!

So no, I am not really good at moving.  I have learned a lot of tips along the way with each move and I keep tons of lists, but I am most certainly not good at it.  Case in point, last night I went to cook salmon patties (yes, I saved that out to use up), but realized I had already sent the spices and oil up to the rental.  Said rental is two hours away, mind you.  And I may not have kept out enough paper plates. And this morning I could not for the life of me remember where I put the dog treats! (ya'll pray this sweet dog makes this move.)



Used to it- why yes, I am.  The sound of paper crinkling and boxes being put together and 5 movers packing my life possessions is a very familiar sound.  Living out of a suitcase and packing cars late at night are a given.  The excitement of a new, clean start pushes me forward.

But goodbyes are still hard.
And leaving familiar is still hard.
And being uprooted is still hard.
And making new friends is still hard.
All all the little details are still hard.


Used to it- but certainly NOT good at it!
 

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!