Friday, June 7, 2019

Plans, Anyone? A Review for You!

It's pitiful, I know, but one of my favorite things in the world is planning.  I don't know if it is just a pen and paper thing or simply the excitement of seeing something new on the horizon, but I love planning of all kinds.  It tends to drive my family crazy sometimes.

Especially the kids when I start planning for a new school year.  OK, never mind that it sometimes starts just months after beginning a new year.  Hey, I can't help there is so much curriculum out there to explore!  Seriously, the battle is real!

And yes, I KNOW there are a lot of new digital ways out there to help with planning, but I am a paper kind of gal.  Always have been, probably always will be!  And with a planner like the Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year, why would I stop now?

Let me remind you that this mama has been homeschooling for over 22 years now.  Two of my babies have graduated from college, one is a senior in high school and is only taking online classes exclusively now, and our last will start 7th grade July 1st!  All that to say this is not my first rodeo and I have tried lots of planners.



Yep, the Hey, Mama! Homeschool Planner for 2019/20 Year, created by The Old Schoolhouse® owner Gena Suarez,  is still one of my favorite and what we will be using this year as well. 

It is a beautiful spiral bound planner that allows you to start planning in July and goes to June 2020!  Perfect for those of us who homeschool year round! 

Let me tell you what I love!

  • July-June two page spread calendars make the boxes large enough to actually write things in!
  • 40 weekly planning pages that allow you to plan for up to 5 children at a time!
  • Between each month's calendar page is a Hey Mama! note of encouragement from Gena.  From the subject of Joy to Fail Days, (yes those do exist in our house too) her beautiful words are from her heart, based on the Word of God, and feel like they came straight from the mouth of your best friend to you!
  • A full notes page is between each months calendar for you to write in ideas, reminders, plans, etc.
  • 7 spaces for subjects each week!
  • Full color, heavy front and back pages make it durable AND attractive!
  • A academic transcript you can use with instructions on the How-Tos!
  • A skills learned checklist.
  • Back section for each child that allows you to record curriculum choices with all the details, attendance chart, books read list, yearly goals page, semester goals page, and an additional notes page. Remember- up to 5 children!
   

Now, because I am only technically planning and schooling one child this year I have made a few moderations.  The biggest is that instead of using the full two page spread weekly planning pages, I divide them up and only use on page per week.  Yes that will leave lots of pages "extra" at the end of the 40 weeks of school, but because we school year round there are no worries they won't get used.  They will!  Just don't tell my kiddo!  Here is an example-

 
Love it and want it?  Be quick in ordering!  The last I heard they had sold out of 98% of their print run (doesn't surprise me, they always go quick!) and will not print any more until next year!

Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!