Friday, June 22, 2018

Marriage is Worth It

I have a sweet friend who is new to the blogging world that I just adore.  I actually met her when she was a teen- the daughter of a friend that God brought into my life when I didn't even know I needed a friend.  (I did!  And she has blessed me over and over again through the years!) She is so dear to my heart and of course, her sweet daughter is too.

By the grace and goodness of God, we were all reunited years later in Omaha.  That sweet teen has grown into a lovely young woman, who is now married and raising three precious girls.  I mean seriously, precious!

She shared a blog post this week that spoke to my heart.  It reminded me of my younger days with a new marriage and young children, and the challenges that holds.

And it reminded me of the importance of fortitude, and determination, and love and GOD!

It had a lot of good reminders to us all, whether a newlywed, or an old married pro.  (do those even exist?)

So I asked if I could share with you all!  She said yes!

Here ya go folks- enjoy and be blessed and remember that God's plan is perfect, even through the ups and downs!


You can find Kailah blogging at The Mindful Life.  Nebraska mama to 3 precious girls & wifey to my mister. A blog about real life, motherhood, meal planning, relationships, minimalism, and our passionate journey to Homeschooling.

My husband and I are celebrating seven years of marriage this coming Monday! These past seven years have flown by, and have blessed us more than we could have ever imagined. We have a very short timeline of when we met, when we got engaged, when we married, and when we had our first baby. Many people had doubts, but we knew that our commitment to one another was nothing to take lightly. We had a shotgun wedding, as some would tag us as, but the amount of love and support that we received from our friends and family was simply incredible. Now, seven years later, three miracle babies, three pregnancy losses, a home purchase, several family trips, the loss of my grandpa, an unbelievable amount of family drama that showed us that we cleave and settle into one another, instead of letting it tear us apart, and everything in between, has shaped the best and worst seven years of my life....

Read the rest here!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!