Monday, January 1, 2018

January 34 Weeks of Clean Schedule

Physical and mental clutter can lead to unhealthy habits, obsessive thoughts, and anxiety 
-Psychology Today


It's January 1st and you know what that means.  It's time to begin 34 Weeks of Clean!

Welcome friends!  We are so glad you are here!

Let me start with a real quick background and then a few ground rules.

34 Weeks of Clean began a few years ago out of desperation to keep myself busy while my hero husband was deployed for a year.  Somehow I convinced some people to play along with my madness and such began a cleaning, de-cluttering and organizing frenzy!  Each year our followers have increased in numbers and each year I count them as friends.  I cannot even begin to tell you how glad I am you are here with us!

Plan to have fun, make friends, and take your houses back!

This year I will be running things a little differently due to my need to save myself some time that I need to use to focus on some big, impending changes in our lives.

Each month I will post the assignments that will take place within that particular month, with any updates I might have, here on the blog!  Each week on our Family, Faith and Fridays blog Facebook page, as well as my personal page, I will post a quick reminder for your week.  

Hence, these rules-

1- Stay connected!  Keep your eye on the Facebook pages and feel free to ask about anything or simply chat away.  Misery, I mean friends, love company.

2- Take ONE WEEK AT A TIME!  I cannot emphasize this enough.  Really, I can't!  Our tendency is to hit the ground running at the beginning (picture the gyms across America in January) and then fizzle out because we pushed too hard.  This is divided into 34 Weeks for a reason.  Some weeks will take longer than others, but all require some effort.  Do what you can when you can, but stay with us each week.  It will benefit you in the end, I promise.

3- If one particular week simply does not apply to you, enjoy a week off.  It won't happen often, but it can happen.  Treat yourself to a break that week and be ready to go again the next week.

4- Have fun!  Grab a few friends and challenge each other, winner gets dinner out.  Or enlist the help of your kids and then celebrate each success with a special dessert.  Or find a friend to work together with, a few days at your house and then a few days at hers.  Do whatever it takes to make it fun and get it done!  (hey, that rhymes!)

5- Keep the goals in sight!  We are DEEP CLEANING, DE-CLUTTERING and ORGANIZING!  It takes ALL THREE to equal success.   


So without any further ado, let's get January started.

Week 1- Holiday Decorations
Week 5- Recipes

 I can't wait to hear how you do!

Thanks to the many people who have shared 34 Weeks of Clean with their friends!  You have blessed me, and I know you are blessing others as well.  Plus, it is simply more fun to work with friends.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!