Monday, June 27, 2016

Our Curriculum Choices for 2016-2017


I can hardly believe that I just graduated one child, and now only have two more left to send through the system.  Our system, of course, seeing that we homeschool.  This fall we will have a 4th grader and a 9th grader!  It is mind boggling.  Considering I have a crate full of books for each grade, K-12th, you would think that this school planning thing would get easier.

Ummmm, nope!

If nothing else, it is more complicated now than it ever has been.  For one, it seems that I have about one of everything available in my possession.  Seriously.  Add to that the fact that I review homeschool curriculum and new stuff is released every day, it gets rather confusing at times.  Oh, and there is that curriculum junkie syndrome, but that is a whole different post!

There is just not enough time in the day nor kids in our family to use all that I would like to use. Each year I have to reevaluate, pick and choose, and pray that God covers my inadequacies.  There are good things I used for the girls that are just not the best fit for the boys.  As the years go by I see more and more often that just because I love a product does not mean that it is necessarily the best fit for a child's learning style.  I have learned that the hard way in a few cases, and so am working hard to tailor what I choose to each individual child, not to me.  I am a slow learner! ;)

So, that being said here is the current plan for 2016-2017!  If they are highlighted, then they are linked to a review or post I have done in the past in case you are interested!

Salem- 9th Grade

Sonlight History
Sonlight Bible
Sonlight Literature
Teaching Textbooks Algebra
IEW- Level C
Traditional Logic 1/2 Semester
Music Appreciation 1/2 Semester
Science Shepherd Biology
Vocabulary from the Classical Roots
Wordly Wise
Dave Ramsey's Foundations


Colby- 4th Grade

Veritas Press Self Paced History, Third Year
Memoria Press Literature & Penmanship
All About Spelling
Grammar Ace
Writing- Here to Help Learning
Foreign Languages for Kids by Kids
Science Shepherd, Introductory Science
Veritas Press Bible
Music Appreciation (with Salem)
Teaching Textbooks- 4th grade

I am sure I have missed something and I am sure something will change between now and September, but at least I feel like I have a handle on most of it.  For the moment!

Linking up with friends today!

Photobucket
Blessings,

2 comments:

  1. We love Science Shepherd and Veritas Press. I'm still planning but hope to have things narrowed down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how are your choices working out now that you are in a new year? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!