Friday, June 3, 2016

5 on Friday- Summer Crazy!

I do like summers, mostly, so I am not complaining, mostly, but boy has our crazy life just gotten crazier.  Why does summer just do that?

1- Riley began practice for the local community theatre's production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor dreamcoat.  She has practice Monday through Friday through mid July and then ends with 5 performances.  Crazy!


2- Colby began playing baseball for the local parks and rec here in town.  I thought, two practices a week, I can do that.  Never mind that I did not realize there are also two games a week.  In case you missed that- 2 + 2 = 4.  FOUR nights a week.  Crazy!


Every baseball guy needs someone to help put their socks on right?



3- Ashton is knee deep in working part time and building her sewing business full time.  She just finished up four quilts and has now several other orders waiting for her.  She picked up this adorable sewing machine so she could add another one for use when she teaches.  (Did I mention that she also teaches 5 students sewing as well?)  Crazy!



4- Salem has one week left of 8th grade!  Yes, he will be a FRESHMAN in high school soon and also keeps busy with a part time job at the ball field here in town.  Did you miss that I am getting ready to teach high school for the THIRD time!?  Crazy!



5- Because I just needed another thing on my plate (hear the sarcasm?), I planted a garden the past few days.  Lettuce, carrots, onions, peas, beans, cucumber, tomatoes and watermelon.  If the bunnies will stay out of my garden we might actually grow something.  The back half of the bed you see is all raspberry bushes that are actually producing.  They were taking over the front bed, so Clarke and I cut them way back and I have threatened to take them out all together after this season, but for now they are a daily source of joy for Colby!  He loves going out each morning and picking raspberries for breakfast.  Unfortunately they are so thickly planted, there a probably hundreds of berries we just cannot even reach to enjoy.  Crazy!



The breakfast of champs!

I actually have A LOT more crazy I could add to the list, but I will stop for now!

How about you?  What are you doing crazy this summer?

Blessings,



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!