Monday, May 14, 2012

Surgery and Such

This time on Wednesday I will be in surgery.  My first. one. ever.  It is overdue and needed.  Since November, I have had "women's health" issues that landed me in the ER twice and resulted in severe anemia so the time has come- a hysterectomy is scheduled for Wednesday.  Anyway, it was not my first choice, nor my second for that matter, but after many consultations and much prayer we believe that it is the answer I need.  Can I just tell you I am scared?  I braved having two of our kiddos naturally because it seemed better than needles and associated hospital things.  I am not fond of hospitals.  I still have my wisdom teeth because I am a wimp.  Get the idea?

Funny thing is, about the same time that all this came about, we also got word that CP needed his elbow surgery. At the time I joked with him about getting in line, I was sick first.  But while sitting in the waiting room a few short weeks ago, I had an epiphany.

Maybe God was letting me conquer my fear of surgery by allowing me to walk though it first with my husband.  I got to see all the pre-op stuff.  I got to see all the post-op stuff.  And I, I mean, HE, survived.  I will too!

But, just to cover all of my bases- will you please add me to your prayers Wednesday morning?  For a successful surgery and healing, but especially for a peace that only the Lord can provide.  My nerves will thank you- SO DO I!

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

********************************************************************************

ALP will post for me on Wednesday.   Look for me back by Friday!  See, I am being positive!  ;)

3 comments:

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!