Monday, March 30, 2020

A Verse a Day Challenge

Hey friends!  Last week's letter writing challenge was so popular we decided to do three more weeks of challenges for you and your family.  Hopefully by that time our world will have settled back down a bit and a new normal will have taken place!  Here's praying!

Last week's A Letter a Day Challenge was meant to encourage you to bless others.  I hope you had fun doing so and were able to reach out to some people that maybe you haven't talked to in a while.  Letting others know you care and that they are not alone can bring such comfort, especially in troubled times as now.

This week we are going to minister to ourselves and our own families a bit with-



A Verse a Day Challenge

I am giving you five scripture verses that I pray will encourage you, bring you peace, and provide comfort to you.  These may seem pretty common verses to many, but what I find is often people know bits and pieces of them but are not able to really quote the whole verse along with it's reference.  I am guilty for sure!

I would encourage you each morning to write out the verse for the day and put it somewhere central where everyone can see it all day!  By just repeating it together as a family several times throughout the day (maybe at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime), you will find you know it!  Bonus if you place it in several places to be seen throughout your house!

Each morning, see who can recite the previous day's verse, and then start with a new one.

Have littles around?  Make it fun!  Maybe have a small prize at the end of the week for whomever can recite the most verses.  Or celebrate your accomplishments together with a fun dessert at the end of the week.  I am willing to bet your kids will learn them faster than you will- ask me how I know!  Anyone else an old AWANA mom? ;)

The point is to rest easy in the arms of our loving father with His words hidden in our heart.

 Whenever you are feeling anxious, you can remind yourself of His truth and His love!



Can't wait to hear how you do!

Monday- 2 Tim. 1:7-For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Tuesday- Phil. 4:6-7 -Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Wednesday- Phil 4:8-  Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 

Thursday- John 16:33- I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

Friday- Psalm 56:3-4- When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?


Oh, and next week,we are going to use up some of that nervous energy! ;)


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!