Monday, January 27, 2020

Race to the Finish

I love finished projects!  There is something so soothing about erasing things off your to-do list, and therefore out of your brain.  It is one of the reasons I strive to live as simply as possible- a huge to do list and half finished projects lying around make me crazy.  They weigh on my mind and distract me from things that are far more important.

These two quilts are a good example.


 
This one I started making 20 years ago.  Yes, you read that correctly.  I started taking a class on hand piecing back when we lived in Florida right after Riley was born.  It was a sweet time of once a week for a few hours where my hero husband took care of the girls while I had some time away.  Unfortunately we moved before it was completed and other things took up my brain space.  I have carried it around for YEARS.  While my color palette of choice has changed, my love for this quilt has not and so I took it out a few weeks ago, added the final border, and will be shipping it out to be quilted.


The next quilt is one one that I have carried around the fabric for a while and not done anything with it.  I am a fabric girl, you all, and just could not resist those colors!  I finally sat down and put a simple top together so I can have it made for our living room in our new house.  This, too, will be sent to be quilted, as I just do not have the time or energy to do so in the middle of another move.  Pick your battles is my motto these next few months.



Jack, 15, decided it was good enough for him!

As for other projects, the only thing I have sitting in my to-do list project wise is scrap booking.  Because I am a woman possessed, I am almost there!!  I have a few spaces empty here and there, but the end is in sight and I keep plugging away.  When I am done, I am sure you will hear me shouting from the rooftops!

How about you? What project do yo have that you would REALLY like to see finished?  What is stopping you?

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!