Monday, August 27, 2018

Finally Home!

Yes, this is the news you have been waiting for.  OK, it is the news WE have been waiting for, but I know there are a few of you out there that are at least mumbling...finally!

That's how we feel!

FINALLY!  After exactly 13 weeks, we are moving into our new home- T-O-M-O-R-R-O-W!
 
 Did you hear me squeal?  Because I did.  Seriously!

You knew this southern family could not give up a front porch, right?
Or a back porch!



Clarke finally gets his 3 car garage, and I plan on a lot of parties by the pool!
 
And unlike all of our moves before, we will only have one night on the blow up mattresses, as the furniture will arrive Wednesday morning due to my hero husband's diligence.

There are projects to be done, but because this is being considered our forever house (until God tells us otherwise) we are going to take our time with settling in.  For those who know me well (stop laughing) you know this will be a challenge for me.  I like things done NOW, yesterday is an even better option.  But I have promised to pace myself.

Let me give you a quick tour before I go finish packing up this place.  I won't bore you with too many pictures, just a few highlights.  I apologize for the quality, Ashton managed to get three pictures before the camera battery died (my fault, not hers) and then we had to use my phone.


View as you enter the front door.  Clarke's office is to the left and the dining room to the left.

Clarke's office.  We are having built in bookcases put in on the wall to the right.  Don't ask me what Colby is doing!


Dining room- light will be replaced at some point.
Glare is horrible, but this is looking from the living room into the eat in kitchen area and kitchen on the right.

Standing in the eat in kitchen area looking into kitchen

Kitchen

The theater room- Clarke's favorite spot!

Den in the basement

Boys area on the top floor

Once we get set up I promise a better tour for those who are interested.  One of our desires in finding a new home was to find one that could house guests comfortably and have room to host and entertain.  We think we have found it and hope to make many memories with friends and family here.  Come on by, a guest room is waiting for you!

Oh friends, thank you for the prayers you have lifted in our behalf!  Thank you for the encouragement though numerous calls, texts, and cards!  Thank you for listening to my whining on hard days and celebrating with me on good ones.

It is our hope that, although there have been bumps in the road, we have learned along the way.  It seems there was a lot that the Lord wanted to teach us.  We pray we have learned well, despite our occasional stumbling.  Praise Him that he is faithful, even in moments we are not.

May we be more faithful with every passing day!


Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!