Wednesday, May 18, 2016

New York Graduation Trip with Riley

Yes, we are graduating our second daughter, Riley, officially this weekend.  I cannot even believe that I have another child leaving the nest!  And headed to Mississippi on top of that to major in Musical Theater.  I am too emotional to even begin to talk about our journey with this kiddo for now, so instead I am going to let her tell you about her graduation gift from us.

She opted out of the traditional party route and instead asked for a trip to New York City,  Yep, she and her dad flew to NY for a four night, 5 day whirlwind of a trip.

Here ya go-
Hey all! Riley here. I'm gonna give you a brief run down of our trip (since I could basically talk about it forever, I'll try to contain myself.)


Our first day involved wandering around Times Square and seeing a Broadway show for free!


On the second day we window shopped around Times Square and 5th Avenue, went to Bryant Park and saw the musical Tuck Everlasting in the evening.


Day three saw us exploring Central Park and the Museum of Natural History before we got rained on, took the subway back to 42nd Street, and saw Finding Neverland!



During our last day we took a Disney on Broadway backstage tour where I got to become a lioness. I can check that off of my bucket list. We then saw Aladdin on Broadway and met our lovely cousin for dinner!

I loved meeting all these amazing and talented actors after seeing their shows! 

Some more pictures :)

There ya go, five days in my favorite city summed up in one blog post :) It was such an amazing trip! I met so many nice and encouraging actors and people. The quality of theatre I saw astounded me and reminded me why I love acting. By the end of the trip, I felt like I really belonged in New York City.

I can't wait to go back to, as the musical Hamilton puts it, the greatest city in the world! Who wants to go with me? :)

1 comment:

  1. I'll go! :) So glad you had this trip of a lifetime with your dad! -Sarah Fish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!