Monday, February 1, 2016

Do You Wanna Build With Legos?

I couldn't resist.  And now I will be singing the new version to THAT song all day!  It is by far better than the snowman version I think.  Especially for those of you who have been inundated with more snow than you care to shovel right?!

Anyway, moving on...

Did I mention that we also went to Legoland while in Florida on our DISNEY vacation?  It is most certainly not Disney but Colby was convinced it was his dream come true.  He even told me that as we made our way into the park.  A deserted park, none the less.


 
 





















Seriously!  I do not know if it was just that particular Monday or if the Legoland in Florida is always slow, but we practically had the place to ourselves.  No lines,  It was an eight year olds' idea of heaven.

It has been many years since we visited the Legoland in California, and Colby had only seen pictures of his older siblings there so he begged to go to Legoland while in Florida.


Have you seen the price of tickets?  They are expensive.  $ 67.00-$82.00 a ticket to be exact.  I had almost written the idea off when a friend told me to check out if there was a homeschool day in January.  Why, yes, there was- on the exact day we had planned on going.  Kid you not!

$12.00 a ticket for kids who are homeschooled and only $25.00 for accompanying adults.  Yes, you read that right.  6 of us attended for the price it would have cost two of us normally.

Sold!  And off we went.

Colby had a great time.  He is 8.



The older kids....well, let's just say after the thrill of Disney not much else can compare.  Rides especially.  But they are good sports and were reminded of the fun they had YEARS ago.  There was a lot of giggling and eye rolling but they made it through.





One thing that DID impress us all is the miniature area.  The buildings and such are truly works of art and it easy to appreciate the time and talent it must take to build them.




And then there are the numerous stores!  Legos, legos and more legos!


What could better?


Only Disney, maybe! ;)

Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. My parents and my two youngest siblings are going there this month. They both love legos, so they're excited! I have to say my favorite photo is of Salem and Riley in the boat. They look so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!