Friday, October 12, 2012

Fun Friday- Dressing mixes

Welcome back!  Moving on from Taco mix to another new obsession of mine.  Ridding the fridge of store bought salad dressings!  Have you seen the ingredients list on those things?  YUCK! 

This is a newer project for me, but so far these two are my favorite finds which I tweaked a little for our tastes.  I make both mixes in mass and then it is always on hand, ready to whip up.  There is something about using herbs you grow on your own that just makes me happy, but store bought work just as well.

Ranch Dressing Mix

1 TBSP Dried Parsley
1 tsp Dill
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
1/4 tsp Pepper

Mix well and store in airtight container.  To make dressing add 1 TBSP of mix with 1/3 cup of mayo and 1/4 cup of milk, whisking well. 


Italian Dressing Mix

1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Onion Powder
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp Parsley
2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/4 tsp Thyme

Mix well and store in airtight container.  To make dressing add 1 1/2 TBSP to 1/4 cup vinegar of your choice, 2 tsp water, and 1/2 cup olive oil.



Got a salad dressing mix you use?  We would love it if you would share with us!  The hubby wants a honey mustard one next!

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking at the same thing. I'm glad you posted about this. I am making my own baking mix and brownie mix and going to tackle a few more, I think I have 6 in total. If you haven't looked at this website do so because she has a lot of recipes on there... http://heart-hands-home.blogspot.com/

    Blessings ~ Kayla

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!