Wednesday, September 26, 2012

You are not alone, my friend!

Last week, I was at Hallmark buying a hand load of cards to send to my college girl and a few of her friends that have left the nest as well.  A BIG hand load.  So I felt the need to explain myself.  (I know, I know, it is a fault I am working on)  I mumbled something about just leaving my oldest at college and immediately the checkout gal gasped, manged to get out a weak "me too" and got teary.


ahhhhhhhhhhhh, someone just like me.  And if I had not had that annoying trait of needing to explain everything to everyone, I would have missed her and her sad heart.  Instead I was able to take a breath (to fight my tears), tell her I understood, and assure her we would get through and that I would pray for her.  And I will!  Just as a new friend of mine has committed to pray for ME every time she misses her son (don't you just love that concept?  Thank you Jan!), I now have another person I can pray for when I feel those heartstrings get tugged at.

How many people do we pass through the day, do you think, that are just like us...

hurting
lonely
tired
stressed
sick
or whatever...

that need a friend and a prayer?  Oh, that I may open my eyes and be that friend!  It is hard, it takes time and it takes commitment, but God calls us to love others none the less. 

Are we making the effort?

Am I?

Encourage one another and build each other up.
1 Thessalonians 5:11

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!