Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Inside My Schoolroom




Pinterest moms, be forewarned!  I have had rooms like THAT, and this is not one of them!

Nor does it have to be!

For many of our homeschooling years, we have had dedicated school rooms.  I wish I had thought to take pictures of them, but way back then they were not set up to inspire my Pinterest friends, but just a space to house all of my curriculum and students! They were fun, and bright, and cheery and we loved them in that season.

But they were also visually over loading at times, took up space, and honestly, cost a lot of money.

And especially if you are teaching one student, or just for this season, they are not necessary!

Kids learn EVERYWHERE.

Including in your kitchen, bedroom, living room, back deck, or in the hammock in your yard!

And honestly, most kids like those spaces more than your Pinterest ready schoolrooms.  Really, they do!

So yes, I am in a brand new house with all kinds of space and THIS is my school room.





And this.


And this.


And this.


Basically my house- inside and out!

I do keep an area in our dining room hutch dedicated to teacher's manuals and "school supplies."  Ironically those are the same things I use as our office supplies.  I have been guilty of having about ten times that much, easily. but since beginning 34 Weeks of Clean years ago I have purged so much and realized I do not really need 400 pencils, gallons of paint and glitter, (what WAS I thinking) and stacks of notebooks.  In my quest to downsize and live simply, I have seen that our stress levels have gone down, our spending reduced, and believe it or not, we have not once not run out of supplies one time in the middle of our day.  



I house all of Colby's books currently in this oversized fabric bin from Target.



I have had that in the hutch as well, but he likes being able to just grab from the bin rather than going back and forth to the hutch so that is fine with me.  Easy peasy!

So some days we do math at the dining room table.  And sometimes we do Bible at the kitchen bar.  And sometimes we read science and history snuggled on the couch.

No matter where we are, we are learning!  And at the end of the day that is what counts!  Find what suits you and make it work.  No pressure, no stress!

Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!