Monday, July 20, 2020

Can You Thank Me?


I am reading an amazing book called Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.  It was recommended by a sweet friend and I have since texted several people a picture of it and said you need to get this book now!

So I am saying, all my friends- you need to get this book right now!

We find ourselves in a crazy time in history.  No doubt, Corona Virus is not as life-altering as some of th- things our ancestors have gone through, but for sure it is life altering in many ways.  Life as we know it is different.

Grocery shopping takes more thought and effort.
Prioritizing errands and "essential" activities takes more time.
Schools are adjusting or canceling classes.
If you wear a mask people think you are silly.
If you don't wear a mask people think you are selfish.
Opinions on how you can get the virus change everyday.
Businesses are closing their doors.
Hospitals are maxed out and so are healthcare workers.
Depression and suicides are on the rise.
Some everyday grocery and health items are hard to find.
Travel is limited and vacations are cancelled.

There doesn't seem to be much to smile and be grateful for.

But...

Early on I saw a meme that said something to the effect of "when things get back to normal, let it be a better normal."

AMEN!

One of the things DeMoss reiterates in her book is that it is much easier to be grateful when things are all good or going our way.

The challenge is to be grateful when things are not going our way.  When things are hard.  When we don't understand.

Anyone else there?

The Word says to "...giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, ' (Eph. 5:20)

For EVERYTHING

When we are grateful we feel compelled to say thank you!

God is saying "Can you thank me?"

Even when it is hard? Or hard to understand?  Even in fear?  Or sadness?  Or in the middle of a pandemic?

How can you thank the Lord today?  What are you grateful for?

For health.
Healthcare workers
Scientists
Hospitals
Friends
Family
Food on your table
A bed to sleep in
Birds
Flowers
Sun
Rain
Delivery services and mailmen
Books
Games
A cool breeze
The sunrise and sunset
Teachers,Vets, Mechanics
Amazon ;)

I know my list could go on and on.  And it should!
My challenge to myself is to go to bed each night saying,

"What am I learning through this trial?"
and
"Yes, God, I can thank you!"

Join me and be blessed!


2 comments:

  1. Amen! Thank you, Michele! I shared it on Be Still Moments and from their to my FB page. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing! Love, prayers, big hug and blessings to you and your precious family. Hello to Clark from me and from Tom. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I will pass on the hello!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!