Monday, July 30, 2018

Nine Weeks, But Who's Counting?

Ok, I am.  Not sure if it is my obsessive personality or just to make a point, but yes, I am counting how many weeks we are living out of suitcase.

We did break down and buy some more hangers (among other stuff I won't even mention) and have hung a few things up but you get the point.  This little temporary stay in a fun AirBNB has turned into the never ending adventure.

9 weeks and counting.

And counting.  And counting.  With a possible end in sight, but I am too afraid to even get excited about that so let's just not mutter a date for now.  Suffice to say, we have rented this place for another month.

We have owned and sold other houses with little difficulty.  I do not remember losing sleep over inspections.  And appraisals.  And the closing dates.  To say this has been a lesson learned is an understatement.

To say I NEVER want to move again is an understatement.

I wanted to give Arizona a five year trial.  HA!  At this point I hope to grow ancient here.

I used to be adventurous when it came to moves.  I have done it a lot, written about it a lot, and actually found it to be quite fun a few times.  Now I just find it tiring.  And lonely.  But mostly tiring.

So for those who are still reading, eyes glazed over, what have we been up to?

Ashton started a full time job as an office manager at a local performing arts studio.  She will be back to taking quilt orders (two a month, so get on her calendar early!) once we get into the new house.

Riley completed her two online courses and is filling her time with voice lessons and reading a copious amount of books.  She leaves for school on August 25th, but we are not talking about that right now.


Salem has begun to study for the ACT,  spends a lot of time in coffee shops and exploring the area with his sisters, and is getting ready for a 10 day trip to Alaska with his grandparents.

Colby is doing full time school now, 6th grade.  He also just made the swim team and spends a lot of time trying to perfect his strokes.  He keeps busy in the pool here and begging people to play games with him.


Clarke and I are busy trying to sell one house and buy another without losing our minds.  In the meantime, he continues to enjoy his job.  Who knew just being around helicopters daily would bring a spring to his step.  OK, who are we kidding?  We ALL knew that, right?  We are settling into a church, making a few new friends, and eagerly awaiting the time we can feel like we have really begun this new chapter of our lives.

I made a note from church a few weeks ago when the pastor mentioned the phrase "just a vapor"  It reminded me that not only is this season of our lives, as crazy as it seems, it is just a vapor.  Indeed our time on this planet is indeed a vapor.

May we live it well, as God intends for us to.  May we bring him all the praise he deserves in our lives, whether we understand his plan or not.

Because believe me when I say, it IS ALL his plan.

And it is good.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!