Monday, November 13, 2017

Monday Menu and Printable Soup Recipe





It's Monday AGAIN!  Why does it always seem to come out of the blue?  This weekend has been busy and I feel like a need a rest from my weekend!  Like that will happen, right?


So here ya go, friends!  Enjoy!

Monday- Parmesan Crusted Chicken in Cream Sauce (this is new to us- I will let you know!)

Tuesday- Turkey Meatloaf (a family favorite!)

Wednesday- Roast and Potatoes

Thursday- Out to eat with out of town friends!

Friday- Hamburgers

Saturday- B-B-Q Chicken

Sunday-Beef Noodle Soup

Pretty simple, as always!

So let me tell you about the soup!  When we lived in North Dakota one of my dearest friends and I got the idea to have "Fun Fridays" together.  I have shared this before.  Each Friday one of us would make muffins for both families for breakfast and one would make soup for lunch for both families.  We had soup together after we did school with the kids.  Then the following week we would swap who made what.  It was about a year of blessings and beautiful memories and still brings a smile to my face whenever I think about it.

There is just something about soup that warms your soul.  Maybe it was just that it was shared with beloved friends.

Anyway, we tried a lot of soups that year, this just being one that the kids liked best so we kept it in our rotation.  Simple and yet yummy!

Enjoy!


Beef Noodle Soup

ingredients:


  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 can (46 oz) V8 juice
  • 1 envelope onion soup mix (we use our homemade mix)
  • 1 pkg. beef ramen noodles
  • 1- 16 oz. bag frozen mixed veggies

instructions:


  1. Cook beef, drain.
  2. Stir in V8 juice, soup mix,  seasoning pack, and veggies.
  3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes.
  4. Return to boil, stir in noodles and cook for 3 minutes.
Created using The Recipes Generator

Blessings,

3 comments:

  1. Your menus always sound so wonderful. We are gearing up to make some soups this season so I will tuck your recipe away and hope to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbie! While simple, we try to make them yummy. Hope you enjoy the soup- it's simple but the kids love it!

      Delete
  2. I could see that being quite good

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!