Friday, January 30, 2015

34 Weeks of Clean! Week 5- Recipes!


OK friends, we are going to take a week's detour from hard cleaning - week 3 for cabinets and drawers took me about 5 hours and week 4 of fridge, freezers, and floors was hard (and cold) work and I need a break!

So this week a simpler project - recipes!


Ok, maybe not simpler, but at least no scrubbing is involved.  More organizing, and I LOVE organizing, remember?

I have recipes in several places.  Some places they belong, some they do not.  Let's just say I like to pull recipes out of magazine and copy them off the internet faster than I can file them.  It is a bad habit of mine. Well, one of many, but who is keeping track?  Anyway, this is what happens-


Time to be realistic and keep only the ones that I am really going to try, aka - simple ones that my family might be willing to try, and then actually put them where they belong.


I do also have two file boxes of older, tried and true recipes.  One for only desserts and one for anything else, but I am quite frankly tired of copying new recipes onto those tiny little cards I cannot read anymore, so I have a new-to-me system.  Hold on to your hats!

Three Ring Binder.



shhh-don't tell Kemi I need pretty tabs! ;)


Yep, that is it.  Silly easy, huh?

I divided sections into categories that make sense to me and then put the recipes in page protectors. Makes clean up easy when I have tiny helping hands.

So here is your assignment:
  • Get those recipes organized.  If you have a system that works for you, yay!  Go through it and throw out the ones you don't use.  If not, go invest in an inexpensive three ring binder and give it a try!
  • Let's don't forget those cookbooks!  I used to have about a million more.  I even collected a series from Southern Living.  They were beautiful but I NEVER used them.  I finally took them to Goodwill last year.  It was time to stop carrying around (we move often remember) 15 cookbooks just because they were pretty!  Go ahead - pare down, you can do it! 

See, no cleaners or rags involved.  Til next week! ;)  Ummm, did I say this was our last week in the kitchen? Oops!  I got ahead of myself...one more week, friends.  Remember, we are on a quest to take back our homes.  That means not only clean, but declutter as well.  More things mean less room. More things take up space we could use otherwise - in our homes and in our heads!

Have fun and make sure you check out the adorable recipe cards that Kemi at Homemaking Organized made for you all!  She rocks!

I am so thrilled you are joining us! It is your turn to link up all of your clean and sparkling fridges, freezers, and floors!  Each week I share a few on social media in hopes of blessing you!






Blessings and Happy Organizing!

Hearts for Home Blog Hop

14 comments:

  1. I was wrong about what I thought our last week in the kitchen would be -- until I saw that this week is actually the next-to-last week in the kitchen. I'm thankful for an easy week in the kitchen. Organizing ecipes should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your easy week Cristi, next week- not so much! But at least then we will be moving on! ;)

      Delete
  2. This will be an interesting week. I'll enjoy trying to get some order back to my recipes and maybe weed out some of what I never use anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, do I need to do this. I will get working on it. I finally cleaned out all my baby bottles, etc., the other week when I was cleaning out my kitchen drawers - good thing, since Maddie is 2.5 years old now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better late than never, right Kendy! Yay for you!

      Delete
  4. I need to do this so bad! I have this huge binder with things spilling out all over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, mine was spilling over as well. Threw so many away that I knew my family would never want to try!

      Delete
  5. Okay I'm back! I totally missed the "pretty tabs" comment. Yes! I'm on it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing photos of everyone's cookbooks. I am back after skipping the past two weeks. I will find some time this week to work on recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing the pictures too Beth! Glad you are back with us!!

      Delete
  7. Ah, I've caught up! I'm really enjoying the feeling of getting cleaned out and organized!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!