Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Trading Snow for Cacti

After 26 years in the Air Force, my hero husband has two weeks left in uniform.

TWO.

Let's take a moment and let that sink in.  OK, I may need more than a moment!

This crazy military wife life is about all I have ever known.  And for sure all my kids have ever known.  It has been challenging many times, but it is what we have done and for the most part we have loved it.  It holds some beautiful memories and we have made the most amazing friends ever.

But that is for another post in a few weeks!  Probably a few posts.

But today I am writing to tell you BIG changes are in our future.  

I already knew BIG changes were coming, but the location- well, you could have knocked me over with a feather.

Still could probably.  I am still processing!

Bye snow, hello heat.

Dry heat,


And cacti!



And more heat.


And hopefully a swimming pool!


The Pleasants are moving to ARIZONA.

Let's take another moment to let THAT sink in.

Never in a million years would I have ever thought I would announce that statement.  Never.

But that is where the new job is and well, here we go!  In June.  Yes, this June.

My amazing husband will be working with helicopters once again and has a perpetual grin on his face these days.  It is so fun to see him excited about this new path and all the possibilities it will bring.

So for the moment I am trying not to think about goodbyes to some of the best people and the best church ever, but instead keeping in mind that God has a great plan.

I am excited to see what it is!

Blessings,

5 comments:

  1. That's an amazing transition! I have a friend who lives in AZ - she loves it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the retirement and the move!!! I am sure it all feels a little overwhelming right now, but a new adventure will be fun. Arizona is gorgeous!!! I have family in several parts of AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on retirement!! We lived in Arizona for seven years right after Bill separated. I often miss it! Do you know where you are going to live? We were in Chandler and then Ahwatukee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's hoping your mive goes smoothly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous news! We are so excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!