Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Christmas Tour

I have to admit that we have been a bit slow this Christmas with decorating.  Usually I pull all the boxes out and do it in one long day.  This year, I have pulled out a few boxes at a time and strecthed it out more.  No real reason other than lack of motivation honestly.

Well, that and when you have been working hard to simplify the last thing you want to do is add more things back in. 

Plus we have seen no snow. 

PLUS, one of our daughters just got home, so tonight we will put the ornaments on our family tree!  I simply refuse to do it without her.

Here the bare look-

This year I also chose to not bring out the Nutcrackers, but instead swapped with the stuffed animals that did not come out last year.  These belonged to the kids as they grew up and they loved having special things to play with in December.  While they are too old now to play with them, they hold special memories and I was feeling nostalgic, so I added them back in.

 
Another tradition we had when the kids were younger was to add a Christmas book each year.  Some of these books have been read many many times often under the lights of the tree at night. Colby still pulls them out each day, and some of the older ones still get read aloud for fun.


Two of the other trees I decorate are my Cross Tree-


 And the Americana Tree.  Both are favorites and I usually add an ornament to both each year.  The angel tree did not come out this year, just not enough room!


 
Other simple touches on the mantle-


 On the couch-


 My favorite nativity in the entry-


And one in our family room-

 
 A touch of Chritsmas in our kitchen-


  And a few little surprises tucked in our bookshelves.


Finally, to welcome you to our home is our cardinal tree and wreath!




And our goal-

Hope you have a beautifully blessed Christmas!

Blessings,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!