Monday, August 28, 2017

34 Weeks of Clean: Rinse and Repeat Week 34

When we started 34 Weeks of Clean- Rinse and Repeat 34 weeks ago, it was truly not a challenge just for you.  It was was for me as well.  I knew that the timing was perfect for cleaning and organizing after just being in our house a year.  It also gave me a chance to connect with new friends along the way, locally and on the web.  And while the clean and organized house makes me want to cheer, it is the community of friends I have made along the way that have blessed me the most!  You all have made this journey fun and have encouraged me along the way and I THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!

In addition to the simple art of cleaning and organizing, I hope these are some takeaways you also got from this journey-

  • Our stuff does not make us who we are!
  • Memories are best held in our hearts, not in our things!
  • Everything has a home!  If not, get rid of it!
  • Before you buy something, ask yourself, is it useful and do I really need it?
  • If you love it, use it, and would buy it again, keep it.  If not, out it goes!
  • One person's trash is another person's treasure!  Be willing to share!
  • Five minutes of pick up a day will keep your house cleaner than you think!
  • The less you have, the easier it is to be organized.  Declutter!
  • Buying more containers does not amount to less stuff!

So where do we go from here?  Now that you should have a relatively clean and organized house, I am going to let you in on a little secret.

 It will not stay that way without a little effort!

So what's a girl to do?  Rinse and repeat!


Maybe you do not need to start again tomorrow, but you will probably need to start again at some point, sooner than later.  I already know several areas in my own home that need some attention!

A clean and organized house does not just happen.  It takes commitment and a little effort.  You can do!

A BIG thank you to all who participated!  It has been so much fun to interact with you and to see your successes.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

A BIG thank you also to my friends at 62 Gifts and Redeemed for their generous prize donations!

And speaking of prizes- our GRAND PRIZE winner is....

Kelly J   

Despite some pretty serious health struggles and even a surgery, along the way, Kelly submitted a picture every week of our challenge!  Way to hang in there, my friend.  Be checking your mail for your goodies!

Thank you again, friends.  I hope you will stick with us here at Family, Faith and Fridays!  We would love to have you!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!