Monday, November 5, 2018

Let Me Tell You a Story

Moving is easy for this family.  The physical moving part.  Leaving friends and a church that have become family is not easy.  Never has been, never will be.  Leaving our last church family was a gut wrenching doozy!  Like, take your breath away, doozy.

We miss their faces, we miss their love, we miss worshiping with them, and while we have now found a church home here and love new people, it has been a challenging transition.

So here is my story, and if you read the abbreviated version on my oldest's FB page, bear with me.  It is worth the repeat, trust me.

One of our elders from our previous church posted a YouTube video of a father-daughter team in Omaha singing Sovereign Over Us,  a song that was not only sung often there, but is one of our family's favorites.  It has been a gentle reminder to us in some difficult times that God is SOVEREIGN and nothing takes him by surprise.  Nothing.

So we sat and listened in awe at the beautiful voices (who knew that sweet child has such an angelic voice?), smiled through tears, and missed our people.  And in that moment I voiced that I wished we could sing that song at our current church.

Don't get me wrong, I love our new church and the worship here is beautiful.  But it is different.  A bit louder and fewer traditional hymns.  I am here to tell you that you can teach an old dog new tricks and I am indeed learning to appreciate a different worship style.  But there are times, I must admit, when my heart longs to hear the quiet, worshipful voices of our friends in Omaha.

Anyway, we listened, commented, and moved on with our nightly family devotions.  This was on Saturday night.

And on Sunday- wait for it- the worship team opened their mouths and began to sing Sovereign Over Us!

Yes, they did.  Take a moment to just breath that in.  I know I did.
Ashton turned to me and we both beamed through our tears.

If that is not God speaking and showing HIS sovereignty, I do not know what is!  If that is not God saying I hear you and I care, I do not know what it is!  If that is God saying you are loved, I don't know what it is!

Let me share what Ashton shared...

"Chance? No, the workings of a sovereign God who cares so very much about us, who takes care of every little thing, and who turns everything for our good and for His glory. And who is sovereign over the worship team and their song schedule."

Oh friends,

If you feel unloved- He loves you.
If you feel alone- He is with you.
If you are in pain- He can heal you. 
If you are afraid- He will give you peace.
If you need answers- He has them!

He is God and he reminds his people he is sovereign.  Even through the singing of a simple, yet profound song.

Thank you, Jesus!

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!