Friday, January 5, 2018

New Year, New Word, New Plan

When I first started blogging I was introduced to this WORD OF THE YEAR concept and it intrigued me.  Unlike New's Years Resolutions it was just a word to give meaning and hopefully a vision for each new year.


Who here doesn't need vision?


Webster defines vision as "something seen," or "unusual discernment or foresight."

And when the word popped into my head that was really what I was thinking- foresight, or a plan for the future.  We have some big events pending in our lives (one of which is retirement from the military after 26 years) and it has been on my heart that our family needs a new vision for our future- a new plan.

But then I referenced vision in the Bible and look at what I found.  
Take note of the different translations!


Where there is no vision [no revelation of God and His word], the people are unrestrained; But happy and blessed is he who keeps the law [of God].

Where there is no understanding of the Word of the Lord, the people do whatever they want to, but happy is he who keeps the law.
If a nation is not guided by God, the people will lose self-control, but the nation that obeys God’s law will be happy.

Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law.

Now I am no word study expert (I will leave that to smarter people than me) but I SEE that vision in the Bible is something quite different than what I was originally thinking.  And in reading it, I liked it even better!  Go figure- God has a better definition! ;)
Vision- revelation, understanding, guidance by God Himself.
Yes, please!
  • While I may long to have a plan, I need to know that God already has one and He will reveal it in His time.
  • While I often long for understanding, God has given me just what I need for the moment in His Word.
  • And while we may sometimes feel we are wandering down an uncertain path, have no doubt God IS guiding us.
That my friends, is all the vision I need.
How about you?

Be blessed, dear friends, and may the Lord of the universe be YOUR VISION!



In the past these are the words I have chosen-

2014- Grace
2015- Joy
2016- A New Thing
2017-Restore

Check out more blog posts from Homeschool Review Crew and Friends!
Homeschool Review Crew Weekly Link Up

1 comment:

  1. How much happier we'd all be if we followed His vision for our lives. Good reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!