Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday Menu and a Crockpot Favorite


How is it already Monday again?  Seriously, do you ever feel like all you do is fix food for people who won't stop eating?  I told my hubby this week that when it is just the two of us (it will come someday I tell you) I am fixing one big meal and we are eating it all week.  Check back in 10 years and see what is on our plates! ;)

Until then, I have people that need to be fed so here is another week of our menu, keeping in mind we plan simple to save time, money, and let's face it, my sanity!

Monday- Honey Teriyaki Chicken (thanks Beth!)

Tuesday- Salisbury Steak

Wednesday- Turkey Taco Cups

Thursday- Chicken Curry

Friday- Dinner out

Saturday- Mini Ham and Cheese Frittatas

Sunday- Southwestern Chicken Chowder

There happens to be no crock pot meals this week, but you know I love my crock pot and use it often.  I love the ease and the feeling of accomplishment so early in the day, and I love the smell of a home cooked meal filling the house, especially on cold days.

Because of that and because I know some of you are buried under snow again, here is a crock pot favorite we got from a friend.
 

Creamy Scalloped Ham and Potatoes

prep time: 15 MINScook time: 6 hourtotal time: 6 hours and 15 mins

ingredients:


  • 2 lbs. potatoes (about 6)
  • 2-3 cups cubed ham
  • 1/2 small onion, sliced
  • 1/4 c flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 2 TBSP butter, melted
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tarter

instructions:


  1. Wash and thinly slice potatoes
  2. Toss potatoes in 1 cup water and cream of tarter, drain
  3. Layer potatoes, ham, and onions in crock pot
  4. Sprinkle with flour, salt, and pepper
  5. Repeat layers!
  6. Mix melted butter with soup and pour over the top.
  7. Cook on low 6-8  hours, adding cheese the last 30 minutes.
Created using The Recipes Generator

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!