Monday, December 11, 2017

Monday Menu and Comfort Food





Welcome to another week of Monday Menu!  I hope you are enjoying a peek into our kitchen- I have to say it has been great to not only keep me accountable, but also to make me pull out some recipes I haven't used in a while.  It is crazy how you forget about stuff you used to make all of the time.


You may see a few repeats in the next few weeks as our college daughter is coming home (insert happy dance here!) and she has requested some oldies but goodies.  It seems the dining facility at college just doesn't live up to momma's cooking and she is "starving!"  Go figure! ;)

So here we go-

Monday- Italian Chicken (you can do this in the oven or in the crockpot!  Just cover chicken breasts with Italian dressing and sprinkle with garlic salt.  Cover and bake for 45 minutes or in crockpot for 6-8 hours on low.  It is a favorite here!)

Tuesday- Hamburgers with mushroom gravy

Wednesday- Beef Stroganoff

Thursday- Chicken- Broccoli Braid (yes, it is the pampered chef recipe and yes, it is what our girl asked for for her birthday meal.  Go figure.  I told you she must be starving!)

Friday- Our Church Care Group Christmas party  I will be taking a Chicken Buffalo Dip

Saturday- Porcupine Meatballs

Sunday- Potato Soup and Grilled Cheese sandwiches

Fun fact- I am a southern gal.  Yep. raised in North Carolina most of my life on casseroles and comfort food!  While I consider myself a southern traitor because we have fallen in love with the Midwest and hope to remain here, I still love some good 'ol southern food occasionally.  I admit we have given up casseroles as a weekly staple, but there are just times in our lives where we all need a little comfort food to soothe the soul.  If you are in that place this week, here is a simple one that is also pretty easy on the budget.  Nope, it is not the healthiest for you, but it still might bring a smile to your face!



Scalloped Potatoes and Ham

ingredients:


  • 8-10 potatoes, peeled and sliced
  • 2-3 cups diced ham, fully cooked
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 cups shredded cheese
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup, or cheese soup
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp pepper

instructions:


  1. Spray slow cooker with oil to prevent sticking
  2. Layer 1/2 the potatoes, ham, onions, and cheese.
  3. Repeat layering
  4. Top with soup and sprinkle with paprika and salt.
  5. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Created using The Recipes Generator

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from you!